15 Things you should already know. Have you stopped to notice how everyone seems to have a list and a number these days? There are numerous blog articles on the 3, 5, 7, 9, etc. steps, habits, skills, ways or qualities that will lead to better sex, health, business results and so forth.
Well, it dawned on me that I’m lagging behind and haven’t reposted my anecdotal list for quite a while. So, here ‘ya go! Below is my ‘home remedies’ list of the 15 things you should already know that you can apply in business and to other areas of life as well.
- THE JOURNEY. It’s a marathon, NOT a sprint.
- ACHIEVEMENT. You can’t expect to win if you don’t compete.
- RELATIONSHIPS. If you fail to build great relationships, you will fail.
- COMPETENCE. Loving what you’re doing is almost as important as knowing.
- PERFORMANCE. Success is NOT proportional to effort, RESULTS are.
- AUTHORITY. There will always to be a Higher Power, both here and after.
- TRUTHFULNESS. Everyone lies, just don’t let ‘tall-tales’ become your reality.
- INDECISION. Stay on the fence long enough and success will pass you by.
- MOTIVATION. Hugs, kudos and attaboys are great, but a kick-in-the-pants works well too!
- PURPOSE. A train can’t move in two directions at the same time, neither can you — pick one!
- SELF-DOUBT. It’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the covers pulled over your head.
- REALITY. There are NO guarantees, only opportunities.
- FORGIVENESS. Whoever said, “love means never having to say you’re sorry” was from a galaxy far, far away!
- LEADERSHIP. If you’re not the lead dog on the sled, the scenery never changes.
- THE END. If you are done changing, you’re done!!!
There you have it — my self-help and antidotes list. Hope you found something useful to help with your daily life challenges. Please feel free to share your favorite inspirational messages here so we can keep the list growing.
Dare to Be the Best YOU and … Enjoy the journey!
COPYRIGHT © 2013-17 John Carroll